Hi there, it’s Claire here!
While I was visiting family in Switzerland, I dropped by a friend of mine and she actually cooked me this wonderful vegan dish. It was so delicious, I had to ask her for the recipe so I could share with you. (Thank you again, Sara!)
The bulgur and beans in the salad keeps you full, thanks to all of the fiber and protein in them. But I have to say, my favorite part was getting the sweet flavour of the nectarines in every bite. So good!
Keep reading for the full recipe...
Vegan nectarine and bulgur salad
What you’ll need:
4 tbs olive oil
3 tbs vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1 onion, finely cut
200 g bulgur
4 dl vegetable broth
300 g green beans
1 whole nectarine
2 nectarines cut into bite-sized pieces
1 nectarine cut into neat slices
50 g walnuts
Lots of fresh basil
1. Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in a pan. Add the onion and sweat it gently. Then, add the bulgur and gently fry it for about 2 minutes.
2. Add the vegetable broth. Cover the pan and let the bulgur simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes, until almost all the broth has evaporated.
3. While the bulgur is cooking, cook the green beans in salted water until they are al dente. Cut them into bite size pieces. Mix together the beans and bulgur.
4. Cut the whole nectarine into small pieces, and blitz in a food processor with the vinegar, salt, pepper, and the rest of the olive oil. Add this dressing to your beans and bulgur salad, and mix thoroughly.
5. Fold the bite-sized nectarine pieces into the mixture, and decorate the top with the sliced nectarine.
5. Roast the walnuts in a pan. Chop the basil while you wait, and then generously sprinkle the basil and walnuts on the top of the salad.
And there you have it!
The next time you make this dish, post a snap of it on social media and use the hashtag #omandaheats. Sara and I would love to see your take on her recipe, and your photo might even get featured on our social pages too!
Thanks so much for reading, I’ll talk to you soon. :)